Student Success with VSU Remote Instruction
- Students, your academic success is an essential part of your experience as a VSU Trojan. While the transition to remote instruction may be disruptive for you, please understand that faculty, staff, and the administration are working together to assist you in making the adjustment. Please read and follow the tips below. If you have additional questions, please email your professor.
- The TROJAN SOS group actively assists students or locate points of contact, as you navigate through challenges faced due to the change to remote instruction. If you need assistance, please contact, TrojanSOS@vsu.edu
Prepare to Transition to Remote Instruction
To assist you in transitioning to remote instruction, confirm the following:
Enroll in the Self-Service Reset Password Management program (SSRPM), which will give you the ability to reset your VSU Network password. Go to https://reset.vsu.edu and select Enroll into SSRPM.
IMPORTANT NOTE – You must enroll in SSRPM before your password expires. If your password expires before SSRPM enrollment, please contact Technology Services to reset your password.
Confirm Your Connection
- Access to technology (Laptop, PC, Smartphone, Tablet)
- Functionality of devices used to access remote instruction (ex. Do they work? Do they support the software/programs needed to connect to Blackboard?)
- Access to reliable internet connectivity at home/in-home location (ex. local public library, Panera Bread, McDonald’s, family/friends, etc.)
- Internet Service Providers (ISP) offers in response to the Coronavirus pandemic,
Participate in Remote Instruction
- Check DAILY for emails from your professor / from Blackboard courses.
- Check Junk Mail folders /Clutter folders DAILY for misdirected emails.
- Review each professor’s Blackboard site for instructions.
- Keep course materials handy (ex. textbooks, study guides, and other course materials you were using before the transition to remote instruction)
- Practice with any apps your professor requires for participating in online activities (ex. instructional videos, Zoom Meetings, YOUTUBE videos, etc.)
- Be organized – Map out time to be online. Make a calendar of assignment due dates.
- Be self-disciplined - Take responsibility for completing tasks/posting assignments on time.
- Be present!! (Log in frequently – Attendance still counts!!!)
- Ask questions and engage your professors – Remember that this is YOUR educational experience. Be an ACTIVE learner.
- Blackboard Learning Management System
- Blackboard Tutorials
- Adobe Creative Cloud access for VSU students – VSU students now have temporary access to use Adobe Creative Cloud applications while off-campus. Download the document for information on accessing VSU Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Apps.